
I remember being little and PRAYING for a snow day! Me and Shane used to make my mom turn on the news early in the morning, at the first sign of a little snow flurry.

Snow days in the Shaker Heights school district are a rare occasion. The district prides itself on being able to afford the manpower to get the streets cleared in time for classes to go undisturbed. So last night, Dale and I , were surprised to see the girls school flash across the news screen. (It was always THE BEST when we found out the night before)

I wanted to enjoy a good snow day too. So I wrote the girls a note explaining their stroke of good luck! The note went something like this... HAPPY SNOW DAY! WE WANT TO SLEEP IN. DON'T COME UPSTAIRS. GET YOURSELF SOME CEREAL FOR BREAKFAST. PYPER POUR ELLE'S MILK PLEASE. YOU CAN WATCH T.V. IN THE LIVING ROOM AFTER YOU EAT. PLEASE BE QUIT. BE GOOD!!! LOVE, MOM AND DAD Dale decided to study at home- just a little more good luck!

School wasn't canceled due to excessive snow- but to dangerous wind chill. The combination of humidity in Cleveland, and the ancient, hard to heat buildings makes for good day off! Nothing like being a kid on a snow day! Forget them- there's nothing like being a mom with a good husband on a snow day! When Crew woke up Dale got up with him, and let me sleep. I won't tell you what time I got up! What a good day!
5 comments:
K how sad is the picture of Elle sick! Sounds like you guys had a fun day off too! We went sledding and despite the FREEZING temps it was a ton of fun! Hey If you want I will let you in on a few blogger tips to customize your template! It is SUPER easy and kind of fun to be able to mix things up!
I loved snow days. And I love your note to the kids! Pyper's talk was really good on Sunday, by the way. And why did Crew need a mask? How did you know what he had? Jack is really sick and I don't know what it is.
I love that we're both on right now! Except my last post didn't show up, so I hope it does! Anyway, I keep forgetting to tell you about furna! I have an entire post dedicated to furna, so go to 2007 and it's in October. The title is "What is Furna?" The problem is that me and my friend think we're so funny, but no one else does, so we're over it.:) I think Gina is explained in there, too!
Looks like you guys had a great day! How smart of you to find out about the snow day the night before! I didn't even get to take advantage of the sleeping-in part! I got up at the usual time, rushed around getting the kids ready and bundled up and then walked outside only to find that the school was deserted! Whoops! I guess I should look out my front window a little more often!
Oh my cold!! You need to come visit us in sunny AZ, it was 75 today. Stay warm!
Post a Comment