Friday, February 1, 2008

IS THIS WEEK OVER YET? SERIOUSLY... WHAT DAY IS IT?

Welcome to MONDAY.  Believe it or not- she asked me to take her picture.  She said that she wanted to remember how bad she felt, so that she could remember not to get sick again.  A little pathetic- I know.  

TUESDAY we went to the Doctor.  Strep throat... AGAIN!  This is #5.  Ya, I'm done.  Our next trip is to the Ear Nose and Throat Doctor.  Elle has a heart defect called Ventricular Septal Defect.  (VSD)  Basic explanation-  She has a hole in between the two chambers of her heart.  Her body has to spend a lot of time balancing the blood flow between the two chambers.  Because of the extra work her body does, her immune system gets ignored.  In all reality this is a good thing, because it is more important that she is managing her heart, rather than her immune system.  The first 2 years of her life were a little rough, because she was sick ALL the time.  She goes to a Pediatric Cardiologist every 6 months.  At every other appointment they tell us that she is going to need surgery.  Then at the next appointment they tell us that she is managing it really well, and they want to wait and see what happens.  Then we start the process all over again.  She needs surgery- let's wait- she needs surgery- let's wait.  They are always very confused and can't explain why she is managing it so well.  We are never confused.  Lots of prayers are said on Elle's behalf.  Heavenly Father has a plan for her- and apparently it doesn't include surgery right now.  Anyway- the next 2 years of her life were pretty easy.  We got used to that... then we sent her to school.  Whoa!  We are getting slammed.  Everyday when she leaves, I feel like I am sending her to a giant petri dish!  She grabs whatever is floating around in the air.  Now we are struggling a little with a decreasing effect of antibiotics.  Ya think?!  She's only been on them for 4 months!
WEDNESDAY.  Come on!  I'm not ready for this.  Especially not this week.  It wouldn't be so bad if he just went up and stayed up- but he changes his mind once he realizes nobody is up there.  Then he goes down.  The problem?  He doesn't know how to go down.  (picture a lemming running off a cliff)  Luckily, the carpet on the stairs is new- which means the padding underneath is new.  Little Crewzer has also figured out how to stand without holding on to anything.  That, I like.  He looks so proud of himself standing like a "real boy"  (Elle's words)  I have yet to get a picture of it.  (I can get a picture of him peeing on my couch- but can't manage to catch him standing?)  I've been busy!  I have problems.  Really, I do.  I choose the worst times to take on big projects.  I don't know what it is about having sick kids that makes me so crazy.  This time I decided to switch my room with the girls room.  This doesn't sound like that big of a deal.  It is.  My room was on the 2nd floor- the girls room was on the 3rd floor.  On top of schlepping furniture up and down the stairs,  I decided to paint the girls old room.  (it was hot pink)  It didn't match my bedspread!  What is wrong with me?  How bad would it be to wait until everybody is well?  I have no patience.  Once I decide to do something... yesterday is not soon enough.  I have a lot to learn.
FRIDAY... strep is gone!  The FLU has joined the party.  Am I being punished?  I can't say that I don't deserve it.  This is what my family had to deal with for 9 months!  ( do you like how I make this all about me, and not poor, sick Elle?)  So who's going to tell her that she has to miss her "boyfriend" Noah's birthday party?  Dale's never around- I think he should GET to be the bad guy!  "What about Pyper?"  You ask.  Nothing to report.  (have I mentioned that she's my favorite this week?)

1 comment:

Carrie Anne said...

Oh boy! Is it gone yet? I hope next week is better for you! I love Elle! She is SO HILARIOUS! Post pictures once you switch the rooms...I want to see what you've been up to! Besides sick kids, of course.:)