Tuesday, February 19, 2008

WINTER BOREDOM BLUES

I am really hoping that our posts in the spring and summer will be more interesting.  Have I mentioned how LONG and GREY Cleveland winters are?  Our only saving grace is that the girls get to go to school everyday.  (Yes, I said GET.)  Believe me- it would be awful if they didn't have that to look forward too.  They also have gymnastics to help release winter frustrations. Thank goodness!  So that takes care of them... what about ME?!  Crewzer only offers so much entertainment.  Maybe now that everyone is getting healthy, we will be able to leave the house more.  It was really nice to have the kids home for a few days.  They got Friday and Monday off for Presidents day.  They were kinda board- but they are entertaining!   
Crew is into everything!!!  I love having Pyper home to help police him.  I am surprised at how helpful the girls are.  Can I just say, I am now a big advocate for a little space in between the kids.  I have SO much fun watching them all play.  The girls LOVE to entertain him.  It's nice because I can get things done.  They are really good at keeping him out of the toilet, the dishwasher, the trash, off the stairs, and fishing all the little treasures he finds out of his mouth.
I wish they were home more often.  Between school and gymnastics- I really only see them in the evenings and on weekends.
This was one of their random attempts to occupy themselves.  I think they stayed like this for about 45 min.  I wish you could see the huge clump of hair Crew pulled out of Pyper's head!  Don't worry... she's got plenty left!
Dale is right in the middle of his FINAL set of finals.  (at least until boards part 2)  He isn't around much.  He promised me he'd watch the kids while I took a bath.  It didn't quite go as planned.  Have I mentioned how much Crew LOVES the water?  He always hangs out tubside while I shower- so I really didn't think anything of it.  Imagine my surprise when a 23 pound weight seemed to drop from the sky right onto my stomach!  He managed to get himself into the tub head first.  (fully dressed- including diaper!)  He didn't breath in a drop of water.  He was so pleased with himself.  Mommy said no tubby- and he figured out how to get one anyway.  Should I be worried?

2 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Twilight is the books that every one has been reading. It's a series from a girl who graduated from BYU and was on the NY Times Best Seller list. You should totally read them. They are awesome!

katie said...

ALL boy isn't he? He seriously couldn't be any cuter! You have the most adorable girls. I laugh out loud everytime I read you blog. Thanks for the laughs! Hang in there your almost out of Cleveland!