
So after spending the night in the COLD- Dale wasn't able to get tickets to the White House Easter Egg Roll. Sad, but true. I won't get pictures of my kids hanging out at the white house. The girls won't be partying with the JONAS BROTHERS. There were THOUSANDS of people in line- some had been there for 2 days! Good thing that's not the only reason that we came to D.C. There are tons of things that we want to see!

This is the view of the Lincoln Memorial, from the Washington Monument. It's GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see it up close!

The Washington Monument offers a beautiful view of ALMOST everything. On Monday, we will go to the top of the monument to see EVERYTHING! I am realizing that I know nothing about American History. Where was I when they covered it in school? Let's see... 8th 9th grade? I was either skipping school- or talking too much.

It's actually really neat to see the White House up close. I have seen about a million pictures of it- but there is something different about seeing it in person.

This is the view of the capital building from the Washington Monument. I don't think we will make it to the Capitol building this trip. There is just way too much to see!

I am feeling very patriotic this weekend. It is really neat to see how excited people from different countries are to be in America. Also- on a side note- I have never had so many (or any) Asian people ask to take pictures of my kids! The girls got used to it and would just smile for whoever asked them to. My baby is a CHAMP! I haven't heard ANYTHING from him for 2 days. We haven't stopped. He's just as happy as can be, to be along for the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment