Sunday, April 27, 2008

DEAR CREW,

The past week I haven't liked you very much.  You have been whiny, and cranky.  I have had to stop what I am doing about a million times a day- because you are upset for no apparent reason. You have been as annoyed with me, as I have been with you.  Nothing I do for you seems to be good enough.  You don't like the food that I make you, or the games that I play with you.  I understand that you haven't cried much- and I appreciate that- however, there just seems to be a general disregard for all that I do for you.  In addition- I feel that the numerous times you have fallen and hurt yourself this week has been excessive.  You have been walking for 2 1/2 months, and I believe that you should be a little steadier on your feet at this point.   Each day that this continues, I become less and less interested in trying to make you happy.  I would greatly appreciate it if you would try to meet me half way in solving this problem. I think that we would both be happier. 
LOVE,
MOM

DEAR MOM,

I want you to know that I have taken into account all of your issues, and I am somewhat sympathetic to your complaints. However, if you would have taken the time to voluntarily stop what you were doing- I wouldn't have had to yell at you.  Furthermore, if you were doing your job effectively- you would have noticed that I have just recently procured 4 two year molars. As you may or may not be aware, I am not two years old.  I am in fact 11 months old. So as you can imagine, this took a great deal of work on my part.  In addition- in your efforts to ignore me- you may have missed the fact that I have two ear infections.  So while I'm sure that this is all terribly inconvenient for you, maybe if you would have paid more attention to the signals that I was so clearly giving you, you would have hugged me a little more- and been annoyed a little less.  So in the future, I would appreciate a better attitude.  Please remember that I cannot yet speak- and I'm doing my best to keep you informed.
LOVE,
CREW   

7 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

What a great way to handle the stress! Poor kid! Poor YOU! Good thing Dale is a Dr. so when you have to go to the hospital several times a year for the rest of your life, Dale can deal with it...or fix him at home.:)
FYI-One day when the kids were playing down here with cousins, I noticed the 1 yr old bleeding on his foot and the only thing I could find were little pieces of candy canes...go figure? Who knows what it could be? At least Crew is okay! Good luck!!!!:)

Luke and Amy Aplington said...

I love your blog.. It's about all I can say!!

Yonker Family said...

What a well spoken child.
I can just see this post being used as ammunition when your then teenage son is trying to get a point across about how, in the words of Will Smith, "Parents Just Dont Understand".

Great Post.

Anonymous said...

I loved that post! Poor Crew! My goodness, he has been through A LOT lately!! At least he's just getting everything over with now!

Summer said...

Great post!!! Don't I wish our babies could write their complaints to us like that! That would be so helpful! Hope you both get feeling better soon!

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

Nice letters. Oh how I wish we knew everything that was wrong with our children, so sad that we can't read their minds and they read ours. It would make life so much easier. You are doing great though. We all go through this. You are a good mommy.

Alison Day said...

I am laughing so hard right now... I love the "letters," and everything else. The banana pictures are priceless and I LOVE the on of Elle at the top. Okay, so I have to tell you... for the past little while, I have tried to make comments on your blog and it wouldn't work for some reason (namely the whole knife story). Anyway, hopefully this one will work. Thanks for the entertainment every day!