
The bane of my existence. (among other things.) These two knives have been with Dale longer than I have. I hate them. I was first introduced to the knives shortly after Dale and I started dating in 1995. I think it was in an attempt to impress me. The big silver one has little hinges- and Dale can do lots of tricks with it. (what does he think he is- a ninja?) I wasn't impressed. Although I smiled and batted my eyes, as I looked on in "awe". Over the next 12 years, I moved these knives from one location to another. Every time I moved them, I asked if I should just get rid of them. The question was always met with a resounding, "NO." Dale is a recovering junk-a-
holic. (I only say recovering, because I am constantly throwing away useless crap.
ie:
atm receipts from 1992, manuals from electronics no longer owned, leather braided belts from 1994, keys to a bike lock that was lost in 1982, and so on, and so on.) Somehow these two knives made the cut. I guess I was trying meet him halfway. Once Pyper was born- he swore these things would be under lock and key. However, over the past 8 years, they seem to pop up every now and then. Last night, after I noticed them sitting on the counter, (seriously! The counter?) I very "lovingly" told him that he had until we went to bed last night to get them off the counter, or I would throw them away. Guess what I found on the counter this morning? ENOUGH! I'm done. I warned you. (are you reading this LUV?) It's me, or the knives. (lucky for you- I choose ME!) Goodbye knives! I wasn't impressed with you then- I'm less impressed with you now. Dale can find another way to hang on to his youth!
5 comments:
So does this mean you finally threw the knives away Meghan?
Yep- All gone! I wash my hands of it.
That's hilarious! Now I want to know what Dale said when he found out. Also, I love the biting pictures. Jack is a biter too and he is doing just fine in nursery, by the way, although I'm not sure how two biters together will do. Crew really is so adorable, comb over or mohawk (which is the cutest)
You are so funny! So are they seriously gone? We need an update!:) I love those biting pictures! So funny! Can Elle please me more hilarious and really buy Crew a toilet? Has it really been a year already? Holy cow! I'm so loving all of your posts!:)
Luke has a few things that I would LOVE to throw out. Although he would KILL me. Now you have to post how Dale reacted!!! I'm nervous!
Post a Comment