With a 3 hour time difference- my sad little blog is the main form of communication between lonely little Dale and I. Lucky for you, my life is an open book- and you all (all 4 of you) get to experience all of our day to day "stuff".
OKAY-BACK TO THE PICTURE
I did some closet cleaning!!! Wanna know what I threw out? I bet you do! Tough. I will say, that's it's not all my stuff. It's not all the kids stuff either. I'll tell you one thing... (only because if you blow this picture up, I think you'll be able to see them.) Just because you spent a hundred and some odd dollars on a pair of super cool Dr. Martins in 1997, doesn't mean you should hang onto them until they are back "in". So while your MIA I took it upon myself to rid you of the trend you were having a hard time letting go of. Your welcome.
As for the rest of said "stuff". I can promise you, you won't miss it. You never do. (Well- other than the one half of a pair of expensive basketball shoes, that somehow managed to end up in the DI box...never to be seen again.) I may never rid you of your pack-rat tendencies, but I will help you purge (behind your back) when your out of town. You wanna keep your stuff? Don't leave me alone! Consider yourself warned.
It's the end of day 19- and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with myself. No tears, no freak outs, no feelings of helplessness. (that may be because I'm too busy to think about it.) I did, however, bail on the last 2 hours of church today. Crew was a mess. Seriously, I thought about just leaving him there. But then I remembered that I like him, and he makes me laugh. The primary program was really good. Although I 'watched' it from the foyer with the little man. The girls remembered their parts. Elle changed one of hers a little... but it was cute. It went from "I will live the gospel standards." to "I will live the gospel standards of Christ." She was having a hard time in her second part remembering the word COMMANDMENTS- so when she stood up she just left out that word. Pretty typical Elle. I love that she doesn't let things get to her. She just adjusts. Pyper, on the other hand, was her usual intense self. She takes everything so seriously... and stresses every step of the way. She was really worried about having good eye contact. What 8 year old even thinks of that? Some of her class sang a song. (very loudly) Picture her singing in the back seat of the car with her ipod. At least she knew the words to this song! Natalie Sanford said when they were practicing yesterday, Pyper was in the middle holding the microphone, and they decided that they should take the microphone away. It made me laugh. She kinda lost it after it was all done. She was really sad that you weren't there. It was her first breakdown since you left. Pretty good, huh? Things are good. I'm good. Week 20... heartburn kicked in. Missing you. I'm glad I like you.
LOVES
6 comments:
I think that that is rude that you would throw my stuff away when i am in Tacoma trying to learn how to be a Dr. so I can buy you nice stuff. I also think that it is rude that you did it when I am not home to fight for my stuff. Love you
hahaha! Nice job "helping" dale! You're brave! I'm not sure I would dare!
Your girls were great in the program! Tell Pyper she had excellent eye contact!
You are brave to throw away cool old shoes. Did you know that Kevin owns a pair of yellow shoes? They are typically his date night shoes with me, but he has sort of forgotten to put them on lately. They are hideous but he would be very disappointed if I threw them away. I don't think I could do it if you paid me.
Dear Dale...You can have Josh's teal green and purple striped hooded Girbaud shirt... if it makes you feel better.
Oh, wait...I already got rid of it.
I think Josh only wanted to keep it because he had to spend all his own money on it in 1992.
HAAAAA! Jason had the EXACT pair of Dr. M sandals. Luckily the strap broke on them last summer. They STUNK so bad. Heartburn....oh I am feeling bad for you! I only had it with my last pregnancy. That is when I discovered blogging- staying up late w/heartburn.
Oh- the curly noodle salad you told me to make- that is already my "go to" salad. Funny.
I don't get the emotional attachment to the 90's clothes. At least my husband isn't the only one. I promise it is better when you just do it because I just did the same thing a month ago...only I got caught and had to go through every last scrap I put in the bags with him.
However, we "lost" some things during the move and I don't know how...but the brown Doc Martin shoes and sandals (with a broken strap) that were purchased in 1996 both ended up missing. It was really a tragedy AND coincidence that they would be in the same box and that box got "lost". Just so sad how these things happen. :)
Somehow I still have a crush on him - clothing attachments and all!
Post a Comment