Thursday, November 6, 2008

AND THE WINNER FOR THE BEST HALLOWEEN COSTUME 08' IS...


... new cousin KAI RIVAS!
Seriously, the CUTEST Nacho Libre ever!
Kai was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a very rare type of dwarfism.  He was diagnosed at about 25 gestational weeks.  His mom says he is an absolute trooper... not to mention a complete angel.  He is wearing casts on his legs. (disguised as teal tights) He goes to the Shriners Hospital weekly to remove the old casts and get new ones.  This will correct his moderately severe clubfeet.  It's amazing to me how much they can do at such an early age.  To learn more about Diastrophic Dysplasia click HERE.  In the mean time... enjoy his cuteness... we do!

7 comments:

Diesta said...

Seriously where did you kidnap those kids from ??? must take after their dad ! just checking in on you. Baby superman is so cute but you didnt say who's baby it is ?? kiss my kids !!!

Stephanie said...

What a cute little baby! He looks so darling in his little Nacho outfit! Give that little guy some hugs and kisses for me. I just want to rub his belly! :)

Stephanie said...

Meghan, I just read the link about DD and I must say that you found a good one to link us all to...very informative! Thanks for the info.

Lane family said...

Steph- I actually saw the link on Chelsea's blog, and thought it was good. I think she's done TONS of research. It's nice to be informed.

Yonker Family said...

What a cutie! I'm not typically a baby person, but I just want to scoop this one up and squeeze him tight. SOOO CUTE!!!

HARKER FAMILY said...

So cute he is sure a cute little guy. So many cute baby boys. It was good to talk to you today I hope all is going good with you guys love ya lots.

Diesta said...

Hey I really need some new family pictures do you think you could drive down this way and take some !!!! Geeez what kind of friend are you anyway !!!!!!!!!!!!