Sunday, November 23, 2008

TAGS...

So here are 2 tags that I have been putting off.  The first is from Janelle- 7 quirks.  I appreciate whoever decided to call it a quirk.  I would have just called it- 7 dumb things that that are weird about me.

1.  I can't handle my neck being touched.  Well, the front half anyway.  Dale thinks it's funny to hold me down and "tickle" me.  He's gotten a closed fist to his face more than once.

2.  I only shop at Gap. (for my kids)  It's not because I'm a brand snob- just because I have major department store anxiety.  I don't like to have too much to choose from.  If Gap doesn't have it (on clearance) they don't get it.  I also only really like to shop at the Gap that I'm familiar with.

3.  I don't eat bananas.  It's a texture thing.  I like the way they taste... just not the way they feel.

4.  If you stop by, and my house isn't clean, I will hide.  Really hide.  I have taken whatever kid may be with me and sat in the closet until I'm sure it's 'safe'.  This causes a problem when I'm pregnant- because my house usually isn't clean.  That being said... my doorbell truly doesn't work- and we're on the second floor.  Soooo you're better off to just let me know you're coming.

5.  I hate the phone.  I don't like to answer it either.  I have made Dale return phone calls for me more than once.  I'm pretty sure after 13 years he's gotten sick of it- and may not do it anymore.

6.  I am slightly obsessive about Pyper and Elle's hair.  Turns out I'm obsessive about Crew's hair as well.  It really isn't my fault, however.  These kids have more hair than any 6 humans should have.  I spent the early years of the girls lives inventing ways to keep it out of their faces.  When I got really good at that- I worked on hairstyles that would last 1 or 2 (or lets be honest 3) days.  It freed up a lot of my time.  They don't have the brush and go type hair.  Now I'm starting all over, because they want more 'grown up' hair.  So if you need cute little girl hairstyles... I'm your girl.

7.  I have issues choosing my kids names.  If too many people like the name... I don't.  So feel free to tell me how much you hate a particular name- it makes me like it more!  In fact, we're still searching for #4's name.  If you've heard any horrible names lately, pass them on.

Tag #2 CRAZY 8'S  (I actually haven't done this one Steph)

8 t.v. shows I love to watch

* So you think you can dance
* House hunters
* House
* LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE!  (but only on t.v.  I wouldn't watch it on dvd... don't know why)
* 90210 (the original.  Yes I'm that old)
* The doctors... it makes me feel smart
* Jon and Kate plus 8
* ???

8 favorite restaurants

* Melting pot (not the entree... just the cheese and desert)
* Outback
* Olive garden 
* Wingers
* Golden palace (the only place I miss from my Caldwell days)
* We're poor
* We don't eat out much
* We always go to the same place- we're scared to death to try something new.  Cuz we may not like it... then our once a month trip is wasted.

8 things that happened yesterday

* Went to Costco where Dale was cranky with "dumb people".
* Finished all our Christmas shopping.  Okay- truth be told the ONLY thing our kids are getting is Pajamas, (they really do like jammies) and slippers.  Maybe a couple new songs for their ipods.  They'll be fine.  But if you thought our present to you last year was lame... get ready for this years nothing.  Sorry.  Someday we'll give killer gifts.
* Went to Marshall's where Dale was cranky with "dumb people."  We found Crew a super cheap pair of little boots, so he can walk his heavy self in the snow.
* Went to Giant Eagle, where Dale was cranky with "dumb people".
* I discovered for the 714th time in my life- and the 2nd time this week, that while I may have skills in the HAIR DO department... I have none in the HAIR CUT department.  I should really stop trying to cut my own hair.
* I discovered that bobby pins are a really effective way to hold back my butchered bangs.
* Dale went and got a movie for us to watch.  HE brought home Sisterhood of the traveling pants 2- because he thought I would like it. (even though he knew he would not) 
* I figured out Dale was cranky with everyone on the planet except me and the kids because he's dreading leaving on Friday... and missing Pyper's birthday, my birthday, and Christmas.  I'm glad he likes us.

8 things I'm looking forward too

* Having one more sweet, busy baby boy
* Being done with the pregnancy years of my life
* GRADUATION
* Moving... anywhere... hopefully Arizona... I could even handle Salt Lake City
* Being all kinds of hot after I loose this blasted baby weight
* A vacation (donations in the form of graduation gifts will not be turned away)
* January... Dale will be home... I really like him
* A paycheck!  Even if it is REALLY measly for 3 years.  

8 things on my wish list

My wish list is exactly the same as what I'm looking forward too.  It's pretty amazing that everything on my list will be happening in the next 8 months.  Life is good.

8 comments:

Summer said...

I LOVE your quirks! I have phone issues and Dept. store phobias too! I have tried Nordstroms (everyone says it's awesome, but I get WAY too overwhelmed!). I guess I can do JC Penny. It's not too much to handle.

Janelle said...

I really hate the name Kevin, but that's because I have bad memories associated with it.

Cami said...

double tagged too! gotta love it!

I hate the name Jared or anything that is SO 1990's! How about Rebecca, Ben....

Camille said...

I have hidden on more than one occasion when my house was dirty. I had to stop because it got to the point that my kids were terrified of knocks on the door. TERRIFIED!
Also I HATE the name Hudson.
(actually I like it, but I mean I HATE it)

Anonymous said...

I hide when the doorbell rings and my house is clean!! I HATE surprise visits. Plus the phone is a constant source of contention with Luke and me, he doesn't understand why I can't just answer it. I'm so glad that email was invented.
What is the Golden Palace? It might be something we like...
ALSO I HATE the name Tripp, but LOVE Jagger!
I need cute ideas for little girls hair. Although Lily's is still really short. I have no idea what to do with it and I even do hair! I only claim that I can color and cut, styling is a whole different story.

Carissa Poyfair said...

I would love some little girl hair ideas. I think Olivia is tired of piggy tails and barrettes. Loved hearing about your quirks- it helped me realize why you never answer your phone or your door bell! I'll email you next time I need you!

Dane and Natalie said...

I also have similar issues with the phone. I don't hide when my house is dirty I just let people see it. Maybe I should start doing that. I don't get too many visitors so it's not that big of a problem.
I love that you are obsessed with their hair. They always look beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Janelle...sorry to disappoint you, but Dale and Meghan will not name their kid Kevin because they already know one and they don't want to create any more weirdness in their family. :)
I don't like the names Phil, Larry, Terry, Brent, Trent, Casey. Those are lame boys names. Love the quirks and thanks for fulfilling the tag. Yours were fun to read. One more day!! YAHOOOOOO! Hopefully Elle and Crewzer are feeling super awesome by then and hopefully Dale quits being cranky. :)