Monday, November 10, 2008

THE WORST FAMILY HOME EVENING EVER

I thought my kids had come to terms with, and embraced my "short-cut" filled parenting.  I was wrong.  We have been talking about making sugar cookie for awhile now.  Last night was finally the night.  I called the girls into the kitchen.  They were so excited.  Pyper asked if she could get the ingredients out.  While Elle grabbed the pre-made, store bought frosting, Pyper took the packaged, store bought Nestle cookie dough out of the fridge.  They broke apart the scored squares of dough and set them on the cookie sheet.  They didn't even need to grease it.  Success!  Sugar cookies in the oven... and no mess to clean up!  I couldn't help but think to myself, "Meghan, you ARE a good mom."  Then Pyper said, "Thanks for trying Mom... but that was the worst family home evening ever."  And just in case I didn't get the point, Elle said, "Yeah.  When you make cookies, your suppose to use gredients.  That wasn't fun."  HELLO?!  I made the frosting pink!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Has someone around you set the standard too high? I'm tellin' ya, if you had made the homemade sugar cookies and frosting, someone (who will remain nameless) probably would have said, "Um, Mom, we could have saved a lot of time and clean-up if we had just bought the premade cookie dough and icing." Am I right? :) They looked yummy anyway.

Summer said...

"Thanks for trying, Mom!" hahaha!

Cami said...

OK, that's great! You put more effort into you FHE treat than me...we opened upa box of crumb donuts left over from our st george trip!