Saturday, January 10, 2009

URBAN JAM 2009

Dance competitions in Ohio are... well... different than what we're used too.  First of all it was at a hotel convention center.  In the west they are in HUGE places.  Or at the very least high school gymnasiums.  I could go into detail- but I'm not going to, because I think it was a really good experience for Pyper.  She spent a day in classes today (and will spend the whole day tomorrow as well) with 5 professional dancers.  She is now in LOVE with Jaymz from SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.  I think the convention part of the weekend is really great, and she had a good time with the girls on her team.  She was totally in her element.  The talent out here just isn't even in the same stratosphere as it is in the west.
These pictures are really awful.  It was super dark.  This is the ONLY one I got of her on stage.  I think the closest girl in age to Pyper is 12.  She likes it that way.  She works her tail off.
Elle was annoyed the whole time that she couldn't be on a team.  I think she's becoming more and more interested in dancing... she just doesn't really like to work that hard.  Let's hope she grows out of that.  She looked cute though!
Little man's got moves.  He was bustin a move the whole time... complete with somersaults.
Dale said he liked competitions better before Crewzer came along.  I wonder why?

3 comments:

The Royce's said...

How Fun!! Reminds me of all those competitions we went to! and sat through :0) She is going to be just like you Megan! Hope your feeling well! not too much longer & you'll have a baby here eh?? love ya!

Stephanie said...

I love her little dance poses...her make-up looks so cool. There are a few dance studios in our area that travel all over and seem to be in the paper a lot with all the little girls with their trophies and cute outfits, it makes me want to get Saydria dancin! Except I think all the trips would get expensive, especially flying to Disney World and stuff. I guess you can be thankful that it was a close competition! :) Hope you are feeling good.

Summer said...

Yay, Pyper! I bet you were great! I'm glad you had such a fun time!