Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER...

... than to walk out of the kitchen with brownie batter on the counter.
it's my fault- because can you really blame him?
notice that he has clothes on in this picture.  2 seconds later he was naked.  At least he stays clothed in public, and outside... mostly.
I'm not a spanker.  I don't really believe in it.  I don't think it does any good.  There is usually 1 time with each of my kids that I loose my cool, and swat their little bums.  It's followed by MAJOR guilt and lots of hugs.  Today Crew got his 1 swat.  Unfortunately for him- he was naked. He has discovered how to turn on oven.  I can't keep him away from the stupid thing.  I got mad after about 20 times and this was the result.  Immediate guilt followed.  I was ready to scoop him up and love him... until he turned around and laughed at me.  HE LAUGHED.  Look at the welts!  That is the outline of my fingers!  He laughed?  Guilt gone.  I won't be spanking him again.  I proved my own point- spanking doesn't work.
Here is my tiny little peanut.  He's so little!  Today at the Dr. he weighed in at a hefty 7 lbs. 5 oz.  Only 2 oz. up from his birth weight.  I think he seems extra little to me because Crew was such a beastly baby.  Tyke is happy and healthy.  It's kinda fun that he's so small.  It just makes him seem new longer.  
Things aren't much different around here with 4 kids instead of 3.  It's easy.  I'm sure it will get harder eventually- it can't get much easier.  I only get up once at night, and once around 5 or 6 in the morning.  I don't feel like I even had a baby.  I walked on my treadmill last night, and other than being TOTALLY out of shape, it was no big deal.  I am completely content with 4 kids.  It works for us.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! That's great that he sleeps so good! You seem to be doing amazing and your kids are just too stinking cute! I showed Amelia some pictures of Elle and Pyper from here, and she doesn't even remember them or living in Ohio. So sad! I remember what a great neighbor and friend you were. Wish I could have been around you a few more years. Congrats and baby Crew!

Summer said...

Wow! I love your honesty Meghan! I can't believe he laughed at you! What a kid!

Tyke is such a sweet little peanut! I still haven't gotten to hold him. We've gotta change that!

Natalie said...

Oops, I meant congrats on baby Tyke.