Monday, March 23, 2009

WEEKEND IN COLUMBUS

I have been so bad about taking pictures at Pyper's dance competitions.  This one was in Columbus yesterday.  She LOVES it.  The year that we moved here we couldn't find a place for her to dance, so she took a year off.  BIG mistake.  She was sad and emotional, and homesick.  
She's just a different kid when she is dancing.  She's happy.  So we eat lots of Ramen and Macaroni so that she can dance... a lot.  She is in 5 dance classes- 2 ballet, 1 hip hop, 1 Jazz, and 1 Jazz team.  She also is a student teacher in 2 younger classes... she even gets paid!  I sound like a crazy stage mom- but trust me... it's all her.  If it were up to her, she would be there EVERYDAY.  She has quite a bit of homework on a daily basis- and she NEVER complains about it.  I think she's afraid that if she makes a big deal about it, we'll start eliminating classes.
The best part about competitions in Columbus, is getting to spend time with our friends.  Dale and Kevin were friends in High School... and Kevin was nice enough to marry someone that I really like.  I'm sure that was exactly what he was thinking about when he married Stephanie.  Our kids are all around the same age... except poor Kai was born during our baby making hiatus.  This is most of the kids.  I don't know where Kai was... and Crew...
... wouldn't sit for a picture, because he was figuring out how to get on and off the trampoline by himself.  The kid was in heaven!  He got to play outside unsupervised.  We will make sure we have a backyard when we move.  I'm guessing with 2 boys it will be necessary for my sanity.
Elle worked on her front flip when her and Saydria weren't off doing other things.
I think Pyper was a cheerleader in a former life.
She was surprised how easy it was to do a back handspring on the tramp.  We will definitely be buying one of those when we move...
... I'm guessing Dale will be on board with that purchase.
Crew and his buddy Cole sat still for a minuet for a picture.  Cole knew exactly what to do for the camera... notice his "picture smile".  You would think Crew would know what was going on since I take a million pictures of him.  But, Dale was taking this one- so he was confused.  He's folding his arms for prayers... maybe?  Oh well- they look super cute.
You know it was a fun, successful, way too quick trip, when you look back to see rosie cheeked, sleeping kids.
I LOVE Pyper's quilt.  My girls have a thing for blankets.  They love them.  Dale's friend Abe's mom is super talented- and she made all four of my kids one.  I really need to get a thank you card in the mail.
This is what a kid looks like, who stayed up till 4 a.m.!!!  Seriously- Dale caught Elle and Saydria wondering the house with flashlights (giggling) at 4 in the morning.  She about got sold the the gypsies by the end of the day.  I like her better when she gets enough sleep.
Tyke slept through his first dance competition.  A few years from now he'll probably be wishing that he could sleep through them.  Sorry little man, you'll get used to it.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It was so nice to see you and your family again. I loved holding Tyke, he's so cute and sweet. I'm mailing some stuff to you that you guys left here, so it's on the way. :) Hope everything went well getting home. Thanks again for coming, it's always fun to be with your family. We love you guys.

Summer said...

Wow-Pyper is amazing! Even in the pictures, she is oozing attitude! I am hoping Hannah will be big into dancing too! Such fun!

Looks like the trip was fun for all! Love it when the kids sleep all the way home!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Pyper is amazing in those pictures. Why is she wearing black and the rest are in white? You have totally inspired me to put my kids in dance. Olivia loves it, but not like Pyper does. We'll see.