Buddy's in the tub...
and in the pool.
Tyke LOVES the water.
Don't let Dale fool you...
... he acts like dunking the baby is no big deal, but it makes him really nervous.
Crew LOVES his brother.
Love hurts.
Does it look like Dale's anxious to go back to work? Again, don't let him fool you. He's READY. I'm READY. We have spent the last 3 months together. Really together. Like every minuet together. That is a lot of togetherness. LEAVE ALREADY! I will probably be eating my words later. It's okay, I eat my words a lot. I'm pretty sure he's as annoyed with me as I am with him. He started work today- and I think the universe wanted to give me a little heads up about life as a residents wife... he left at 4:30 am and got home at 7:30 pm. They tell me to get used to it. Okie dokie.
Baby boy got a little tired of being ignored. So he fell asleep. Sorry #4. I don't love you any less.
Tyke is a giggly baby. LOVE IT. He rolls from his back to his tummy. He also sleeps like a CHAMP! He sleeps about 10-12 hours a night. I'm serious. It took lots of work the first moth of his life... but it's totally worth it. I'm pretty sure he's teething. It's funny- I never even noticed it with the girls, but the boys suffer. He also thinks his dad is pretty funny. He'll learn.
WELCOME TO FORT HOOD!
We spent the day at the local army base lake swimming with some friends. It was all very Army Wives- plus or minus a few THOUSAND tattoos, and more cleavage than I have ever seen in my life!
These boys are so cute! The girls love to play with them. It's really nice that we made friends so quickly. Their mom, Haley, is a Boise girl. She went to the same high school as Shane her senior year. Small world.
He's not drowning. He didn't tip over. He's just hanging out. So far this summer only one stranger has jumped in the pool fully clothed to rescue him unnecessarily. Stranger realized that Crew probably didn't need to be rescued after he put him up on the side of the pool, and Crew jumped right back in. I guess he missed the bright yellow life jacket. Thanks strange man. Better safe than sorry.
We REALLY love Texas. Really. I think the heat is FABULOUS! Every house has air conditioning, so bring it on! (Probably another sentence I will be eating) We are, however, sick of digging through boxes for our panties. We move into our house the end of July, and it can't come soon enough. We need a little routine and stability. And drawers for our panties, of course.
8 comments:
oh my goodness! I was at that same lake on saturday!!! literally, i called you from a picnic table not 20 feet from that yellow roped-up area! craaaaaaaaazy world.
oh, and i can totally attest to the level of cleavage and tatoos - it's like people here have no shame. my favorite were all the guys swimming with beer cans in one hand. i mean, really, that can't be sanitary...
You make me laugh, Meg, the things that you are willing to admit crack me up. Good for you! Tyke is HUGE. How did that happen?!! I hope Dale is LOVING what he's doing cuz "the adventure has begun". I love you guys. I'm glad you're loving the heat. Kiss the kids for me. mom
P.S. Hunter called, he sounds better than I have EVER heard him sound. It did my heart good. He even made himself a PLAN. How about that?!!!! Oh, and Houston is now a Zone Leader! Did I tell you that yet?
Looks like your having a ton of fun in Texas! Tyke is adoreable! Hey, you need a blackberry...who needs a computer or internet!
Looks like so much fun! We've had nothing but rain here! We've only been to the pool ONCE so far! Enjoy the sunshine!
Sounds like things are going pretty well- minus the panty issues. haha Thats funny that someone jumped in to save Crew. That was nice of him! Glad you love Texas!
Meg. Seriously. You are hilarious. Write a book already, will you?
Dale, you sporting handlebar mustache for first day of residency???
Luke
It looks like life is fun for you - we miss you guys! Are you seeing Dale much? Welcome to residency. When do you move into your house? Love the blog - it's so fun to read.
Post a Comment