Thursday, July 16, 2009

I DO EXIST...

 ... I'm just morally opposed to posting pictures of myself while sporting baby/nursing chubs.  But then it occurred to me, that I have virtually NO pictures of me and my kids.  Everything else is documented- phones in the toilet, first days of school, baby peeing on the couch, kid peeing outside, daddy's pedophile like facial hair.  But the mommy?  Nope.  So here's my compromise-  I'll take lots of pictures, and post few.  Then when the baby/nursing (I don't loose ANYTHING while nursing... HUGE injustice.)  weight is all gone I'll be able to laugh at the chubby years.  Maybe.  Either way- I'll have something to prove that I was there.  Don't you worry your pretty little heads- when I actually look the way I do in my head, you'll be begging me to post pictures of something other than my hotness.  Yep.  I plan on being VERY vain and superficial.
Crew can swim!  I taught him last week.  He just keeps getting better and better.  He needs a little work on getting his head out of the water to breath, then getting started again.  I still make him wear a life jacket when I'm nursing Tyke... I don't trust him that much yet.  I also taught him how to dive.  SUPER CUTE... even when he face plants.
He loves to do tricks.  I'm thinking about having Dale teach me how to do stitches.  I have a feeling it would be a handy skill.
I love watching his face.  He knows exactly what he's doing.
He likes it.


The lady laying out by the pool watched in horror while I snapped pictures of my drowning toddler.
I stay pretty close... just in case.
No worries.
This may look like a loving brother sister moment.  It's not.  He's SCREAMING at her, "OFF EWEL!  OFF EWEL!"
Nothing like a built in friend when your new in town.  
Sweet LITTLE boy!  LOVE.
Apparently diving got boring.  This is what he came up with while I was feeding brother.
This went on for an hour.

He's showing Pyper how to do it. 
I told you the face plant was funny.  :)

11 comments:

Seriously... said...

1.) i am in the same boat. fat nursing chub. so much fun. and i don't lose a pound while I nurse either. Is it wrong that I want to stop nursing a little bit sooner than I normally do just so i can lose some weight????
2.) that is awesome that crew can swim!!! Parker thinks he can, but can't yet, so that's a problem. Hopefully by the end of the summer....
3.) isn't the pool awesome? what else would we do with the summer?

HARKER FAMILY said...

So cute I can't wait to see your hot self more. I need you to teach Preslie how to swim next summer. Crew is so cute he makes me laugh. Well the Armstrong reunion starts today wish you were here and I will call and tell you all about it next week! wish us luck

Anonymous said...

Look at your cute little face! I almost forgot what you looked like! I have major plans about losing weight when I'm done nursing too!

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

Ya me too, fat just finished nursing chub. Ya I hate it. CAN'T wait to be a hot mama in my never to be pregnant again body. But...VERY cute picture of you and Crew.

Janelle said...

Ugh. I lost weight while nursing (even though I didn't think I had), but I put it all back on after I weaned Julie. Talk about discouraging. I think I'd rather not put it on in the first place.

On a brighter note, I never tire of your blog posts. They are endlessly entertaining.

Carissa Poyfair said...

So jealous of the pool. There are no cheap pools here. Oh how I miss Thornton Park like you wouldn't believe! I'll just live through you! I can't believe Crew can swim. I guess when you live at the pool there are perks, huh? I think I might just move in with you!

Cami said...

Nice....you have just read my mind!! Me and weight watchers are going to be best friends in about 4 months :) In the mean time...NO pics of me anytime soon :) well, unless they are justly photoshopped to look like I think I do :)

Stephanie said...

Such cute pics of the kids swimming. That's so nice Crew can swim, it will keep him plenty busy. :) Looks like you guys are having a great time!! Are you going to be getting a house this month? I think I saw that in one of your posts.

Jess said...

You are beautiful, the pool looks AWESOME and your kids seriously crack me up!!

Ben and Laurie said...

Ouch--the face plant was great. I'm glad you guys are adjusting pretty well. Your family is so adorable!! You look good too--for as much as the picture shows!

Heather Humphreys said...

Keep up those swimming skills! I'm still hoping you migrate to Arizona someday and you'll definitely need them!

Love the pictures! So fun!