Tuesday, July 7, 2009

NO HUSBAND, NO MONEY...

LOVE (said dripping with sarcasm) being a doctors wife.  We still have no internet- but lucky for me he has to have it for work.  Sooooooo, I'm going to call the cable company to hook up my wireless... all under the pretence of "my husband needs it."  I've learned a lot being married to a dr.  First- (and most importantly) the term "day off" actually means- he goes in at 5:45 am, comes home at 2:30 pm, gets paged at 4:30 pm, and comes home for the night at 8:00 pm.  Good to know.

Second- the is NO MONEY.  You can figure out how to keep your daughter in dance while your husband is a student, but you are forced to break her heart and keep her out of dance when he is ACTUALLY a doctor.

Third- even though he is ACTUALLY a doctor, he's still a peeon (how the crap do you spell that?) in the eyes of everyone else.

Fourth- I get to eat my words WAY sooner than I thought possible.  I haven't seen him for 3 days (and literally for 2) and it seems that I like him a lot more than I thought.  :)  He is NEVER here.  The whole student thing... CAKE WALK.  

Fifth- He still has to study!  WHAT?!  I thought we were passed that... then he lovingly (again with the sarcasm) informed me that we will NEVER be passed that.

All in all- I'm happy.  Really.  I signed up for this, I expected this.  I want my husband to be happy and fulfilled, and this is a small price to pay for that.  I can totally deal for 3 years, and more if need be.  I would, however, appreciate it if all of this patience, came with an equally impressive pay check.

4 comments:

Madi said...

hey guys. It's madi i tried calling meghan's cell. But didn't work. love the lists u r making!

Summer said...

Yeah, it was quite a kick in the pants for me when I realized that we were actually poorer in residency than we were in med school - go figure! It will all pay off someday...right?

ashley said...

K thats funny! Oh how I know the feeling! Residency equals less time spent together and definitely NO MONEY!

Janae said...

You hit the nail right on the head. As you know, I know exactly what you mean! I wish I could say it gets easier...but in my experience it doesn't. I just take it 1 day at a time. I feel like my kids are the only ones who don't do any sports or other extra curricular activites. How about the last week of school when Paige and only 1 other girl in her class were the only ones without yearbooks to have their classmates sign because I couldn't afford the $10 to buy her one. Welcome to real life...it really sucks sometimes :)