She is not my kid! Not only has getting up at 5:30 A.M. not been that big of a deal to the girls... Pyper finds time for some "early morning studying" as she calls it. (don't mind the scary garage- we'll be unpacked someday) Yeah. I don't know where she came from. Her evaluations are showing her at least a grade higher than she is. I guess they evaluate for the Gifted and Talented program at the end of the year for the following year. I can't decide if i want her in it now, or if I want to take advantage of how easy it is for her, and enjoy the year without the extra work. I think it's really easy to forget to let kids be kids. I don't know... we'll see...
And little belle. THANK YOU SHAKER HEIGHTS SCHOOL DISTRICT! Seriously. I don't know how well you can see- but this is her first progress report, and she said, "I'm a straight A student!" Everything in her initial evaluation is in the 90's (when did they start giving 2nd graders percentage grades???) or an E for excellent. Elle didn't struggle at school in Ohio, but there was definitely a lot of room for improvement. She was a strong average student. Not the top, not the bottom. Okay- so I could look at this 2 ways: Sad, that our Texas school is so much further behind our Ohio school (the kid is blowing through her homework like it's nothing) or Happy, that our Ohio school set the bar higher than necessary giving our girls a nice little head start. Seeing as how she begged me to take her picture this morning with her progress report, I'm going to choose option 2 and be happy. She is so proud of herself... which means I am proud of her.
1 comment:
I am finding the SAME thing in Utah! Hailee is light years ahead of her grade but a little too lazy to be in an accelerated learning program. I think you are right for just accepting it how it is and being happy about it.
Post a Comment