Tyke is by FAR, my most independent child. He just kinda figures it out.
I don't think it has anything to do with being the 4th child... because this baby has MORE than enough attention, and MORE than enough mommies.
He should be fat. Seriously. He's like a puppy waiting for people to drop food on the floor. He's also figured out the whole sippy cup thing... yet another reason I hate carpet.
SOOOOOOOO- it seems that Temple Texas isn't a booming dance metropolis. Who knew. Pyper was suppose to start pointe (ballet) this year, and they don't even have a pointe class in temple. They do have a mediocre jazz/hip hop/lyrical/contemporary studio. (why do we have this problem everywhere we go?) They wanted to put Pyper on one of their dance teams. The girls were 13-16 years old, and like I said- they are just O.K. They do charge as much as a really good company charges... so that was out. So the owner of the studio/gym offered me a teaching job. As much as I would have LOVED that- it's just impossible with Dale's schedule. :( They didn't have any recreational classes for Pyper's level- and since recreational classes are all we could afford, we decided to put her in recreational tumbling. Problem solved. Nope. She was there for TWO days and was doing a round off back handspring... by herself... on the floor. So the coach comes out to talk to me. He wants to put her on the team. HELLO?! Oh the curse of a talented kid. :) I tell him we can't afford it, and he puts her on the team anyway... he is still charging us the recreation price. HUGE savings. THEN he decides that Elle has a lot of potential if he could push her- so he moves her to the team as well. So I have 2 kids on a tumbling team, and I'm not paying team prices for either one of them. I probably shouldn't tell the other mom's. ;)
The girls did a tumbling "show" at a kids expo the other day. (The picture of Pyper was from the show) It was lame... but Crew liked the slide.
I have a new slogan for Texas- Welcome to Texas, our fire ants will make you want to DIE. It's true. I was brutally attacked by fire ants. They are nasty little suckers. I think I counted 23 bites all on my left foot. They are huge and filled with puss (tmi?) and hurt and itch like crazy. The first night I was up till 4 a.m. (i get up at 5:30) researching a 'cure' on the internet. If you have any questions about fire ants ... i'm your girl. I finally went back to bed with ice packs on my foot. It helped. The second night, Dale decided to wrap my foot in this calamine soaked thingy. It helped... and at least I couldn't itch it.
Told you. Independent. He loves fruit loops. Wonder why... it couldn't have anything to do with all the sugar could it? I don't buy sugar cereal... Dale does. So when our baby is obese- I'll blame him. *hehehe I just read that back to myself. The thought of Tyke being obese is funny. He's still so itty bitty.*
He looks bald. He isn't. Just VERY blond.
Looks like rain. Crazy...
I love a good thunderstorm! Especially when it's warm. I HEART TEXAS!
4 comments:
That's soooo stinkin' cool about Pyper!! You'll have to film some of her stuff, I'd love to see her perform in gymnastics! That's a cool picture of her mid-back handspring (and all the girls watchign in awe!!) :)
Pyper: You look amazing in your back handspring thing!! You look soooo graceful.......and old!! Not old as in "Gran old", old as in "grown up teenager" old. How did that happen?!! Your beautiful and graceful and I'm pretty sure you take after your Gran!! Ha!
Okay so I've been attacked by fire ants too and I'm with ya, they hurt!! I didn't believe it when the kids told me "their" ants bite, in Idaho we don't have ants that bite. So long story short I didn't listen and payed for it later! Sorry, hope your foot feels better! Love that little Tyke, Max is still totally content rolling everywhere and doesn't want to sit up by himself yet, I guess I'm content because once he does we have to purchase some gates :( Anyway glad you like Texas and I'm totally jealous of warm weather, its getting pretty cold here in good old Cleveland!
Those fire ants are HORRIBLE!!! Sorry I didn't warn you! Just be glad it was you and not your kids!!! That is the worst!!!!
Post a Comment