Sunday, December 20, 2009

THE PROBLEM WITH NOT BLOGGING...

... is the catching up.  A lot has happened the past month... and I don't have many pictures to show for it.  I've just been kinda- BLEK.  Life, however, did NOT stop.  I can't possibly adequately describe the last month- so I'm not going to.  Here are the pictures that I do have.  LOVING Texas weather.  LOVE.  I don't miss the snow.  Dale does... but he's too busy to do anything in it, so his opinion doesn't count.  Tyke is a Texas baby.  He loves to crawl around outside... eating dirt... and grass.  
We decorated for Christmas- by "we" I mean "me".  I decorated, and the boys undecorated.  My Christmas tree has been redone to include kitchen utensils, trash (actual trash- from the garbage can) and underwear.  (Crew's- in case you were wondering)
The girls had a Christmas Tumbling show.  Minnie and Mickey were the guest stars.  Few things make Crew as happy as Mickey.  He spent a lot of time staring at them.
Tyke was annoyed.
This is an ant hill.  A fire ant hill.  You may remember when I was viciously attacked by these beasts.  I whined and cried, until they healed.  I got over it.  THEN they attacked my baby.  Time to DIE.  I researched ways to kill them.  Rice.  Yes, rice.  I dumped a bunch of rice on their hill...
waited a day so they could eat lots of it.  Then dumped boiling water on the hill.  Then I waited while the rice expanded in the bellies of the ants, and they exploded.  Seriously.  Don't mess with my baby.  He's really nice.  I am not.  (or so I've been told)
I think he ended up with 10 bites on his arm, fingers, and face.  He handled it better than I did.  I decided that he probably just doesn't have all his pain nerves yet- so it wasn't as bad for him.  At least that's what I keep telling myself.
LOVE this kid.  I swear I have the nicest babies on the planet.  I don't know if it's something I'm doing, or if they are just born that way.  Let's just say it's because of me. :)  If I thought I could have more kids without being a raving lunatic (as opposed to a regular lunatic) I'd just keep having them.  They're just that nice.  They sleep, they eat, they LOVE me, and they just don't cry much.  Tyke's my climber.  He climbs into or on to EVERYTHING.
I was running late and told Crew to go get his clothes that I laid out on his bed.  He didn't like what I picked out.  This has become a regular thing in our house.  Whatever.  At least he's not naked.
Tyke discovered pizza.  He likes it.
He also got really sick at the beginning of the month.  Bronchiolitis.  (yes i know i spelled it wrong)  Sad.
By the end of the round of breathing treatments, he decided he liked it.  Sleepy boy.
Crew has done really well with the presents under the tree.  UNTIL now.  Carol and Ryan let the girls open up a super cute little nativity scene that they sent- so I let Crew unwrap a box of candy.  Now he knows what is in the boxes.  When we left the room he picked a present to open.  He even picked out one that was actually his.  (thanks Suzie and Dennis!)  He just kept saying- CARS. MINE.
The cars haven't been out of his sight.  They even ate dinner with him.  (notice the strategically cropped photo, hiding my mess of a kitchen.)

So that's it for the pictures.  I have been doing a little choreography lately.  Pyper did a ballet solo to an instrumental version of silent night for the ward Christmas party.  (SO GOOD!)  The girls have been doing a singing group, and preforming at various venues here in Temple.  Dale is finally back in Podiatry this month, and LOVES it.  He's busy- but happy.  He gets to be home for Christmas this year... YAY!  This was boring.  Sorry.  Actually I'm not sorry.  If you made it all the way to the end of this post- it's your own fault.  Better things to come... maybe.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

LOVE the baby crawling in the grass with dirt all over his chin and Crew's outfit. Seriously that boy should be a fashion designer! SOunds like you guys have been doing a lot of fun stuff lately. The ant bites looked so sad. Poor little guy! Hope you guys have a great Christmas this week, that is if Crew leaves any presents wrapped before Christmas Eve:)

Natalie said...

Your posts are never boring! We have had some run ins with fire ants, too, and they are mean! We may try the rice thing. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

This is Stephanie. I made it to the end and it was nice to catch up on you guys. I love the kids pic at the top of your blog...gorgeous!! Missing a gorgeous momma and daddy though!

Sandita said...

I have missed your blog, Meg, it was good to catch up...just so you know, the gift from us for Crew and Tyke is the same as from Suzie and Dennis...you will have a plethora of cars at your home. I sent ten cars to each...hopefully they won't go flying thru the air...just sayin'

Carrie Anne said...

hey! welcome back, friend! glad to read the update & glad to know things are looking up for you. that picture at the top is very cute of the kids. have a wonderful holiday! and keep the fun posts coming.:)

Carrie Anne said...

PS-and i am still having a pity party about this lame move to utah, so good job getting over yours.:)