Thursday, May 20, 2010

RANDOM PICTURES FROM MY PHONE

Oy Vey
We finally got in to the Orthopedic Surgeon. It's not actually a toddler fracture. It's a regular old break. Nice. The doctor also told me that with this kind of break, his leg can grow crooked as he gets older. Lovely. He said, it probably wouldn't... but it happens often enough that he needed to let me know. Boy am I glad Dale casted it, instead of waiting two weeks for Ortho.

He's pretty traumatized by the whole situation... obviously.
Considering that this is his 4th cast in 2 weeks- he's a pro. The doctors (and anyone else that sees him) just laugh at how mobile he is. One doctor made the comment that he would probably be really scared to jump on the tramp for a long time. I chose NOT to tell how Crew has been jumping on the tramp everyday since Dale put on the first cast. I also chose not to tell him that Crew rides his scooter, goes to his gymnastics classes, and EVERYTHING else he did before he broke his leg. Seriously... you try telling him to lay on the couch!
He likes to visit Dale at work.
Once a week I get paid to walk around while my boys play. I supervise open gym. I've been working more than I planned... but it's stuff like this that make it SO worth it.
Last week Crew was really sick... but there was no one to cover for me. So we took blankies and pillows and he laid in the corner til it was time to go. How many jobs let you do that?!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You have a tough, little cookie! I love how he is smiling through his exam when most kids would be crying. That is so great that you can coach and work at the gym. I would love to do that!