And by "I" I mean Tyke. This little man is officially POTTY TRAINED! We still haven't finished unpacking, and I couldn't find the potty seat, so we went with the backwards method. I tend to do everything in my life very spur of the moment- so when I was ready we needed to improvise. Backwards on the potty, with a little light reading... See the jar on the window? It's the bag of M&M's I bought (potty candies) at the beginning of said training. He couldn't really care less. He's happy to potty and be on his way. Watev little dude.
This kid was the easiest one yet. I don't think I ever cheered, or jumped up and down, or made a ridiculous fool of myself, or sang the potty song (COME ON DINGY! DO YOUR THINGY! - Oh yes, Crew got the song on a regular basis) I think I probably enforced my will on the other 3 weather they were ready or not- but Tyke must have been ready. I think I will still put a diaper on him when he goes to the babysitter (one day a week, for a couple hours) because I don't completely trust him to tell her that he needs to go. I've put him in a diaper 3 different times over the last 2 weeks, and he kept it dry. It doesn't seem to confuse him. It's a little strange. He's my last babe, and I couldn't be more at piece with that... but I will miss the cute little baby dingy stage of my boys lives. It's all downhill from here. Or not.
Happy potty training all.
Feel free to use the potty song. You're welcome.
12 comments:
How old is he?
Janelle- he was 18 months last week. :)
So jealous... Can you come to my house and potty train Madelynn? Seriously, I don't know how you do it! You should write a book :)
ok, for real...i need a refresher course in your potty training methods. Kody will be 18 months next month....i can't even imagine training him....but maybe i should do it NOW (while living at my parents house) instead of LATER (when we move into our new house with new floors and carpets). hmmmm.....please share!!!
I am so impressed. Adynne is not even close! She is still such a baby to me!
You might want to wipe that book down, it looks like he might have whizzed on it.
still can't believe it!
Alright...when can I send Isaac over? (and Spencer too apparently) You must know something I don't. That is AMAZING. Yay for no diapers.
Can you pick Brinklee up at your airport?! I'll fly her out and pay you BIG bucks, pretty please! SO JEALOUS! He sounds like an old pro!
Glad you are still alive and all is well. Your house looks so cute and I love your desk you made!
WOW! You are a ROCK STAR!!! I'm still struggling with Hannah getting the hang of it! Congrats though! How awesome that must feel to know that you won't ever have to pick up that army-sized box of Huggies at Costco! LUCKY!
love it i always give your potty advise when people ask me. It works people can't believe that preslie is potty trained either, and then they are way shocked when i tell them she has been for 3 or 4 months now. i learned from the best!
That is the funniest song! My family is giving me crazy looks because I am laughing at my computer screen but I don't care. You are hilarious. Congrats on the potty training and the puppy!
Post a Comment