Monday, September 13, 2010

STILL ALIVE... AND DANG PROUD OF IT

HOLY MOLY. I was seriously mis informed about the Podiatry profession. I was under the impression that it would be sorta easy. I. WAS. WRONG. Yikes. The last year and 3 months have been KILLER. I was not aware that one person could be so busy. Dale was given a new calling at church... actually all 4 of the podiatry residents in our ward were given the same calling- ward missionary. They told us that it's their hope that between the 4 of them combined, they will add up to one person. It's true. I do however, LOVE IT. Never thought I would like it to be so busy... but I do. Mostly. We feel so blessed that Dale is receiving such amazing training. It gets a little ugly- but it's strangely empowering to know that I am capable of handling it all while being positive. Cuz, let's face it, I'm not a positive person by nature. 4 kids, resident wife, and my own pretty time intensive JOB. Yep... feeling pretty empowered.
Not too many pictures to show for our summer. Haven't figured out how to add my camera into the busy equation. Here's what we've been up too... kinda. A baby bird appeared on our porch...
Crew and Tyke were fascinated.
More dance team sleep overs... love these girls, but they don't value their sleep (or mine!)
We played in our backyard... some of us were less naked than others. Loving the Texas HEAT and RAIN.
Tyke got cuter... and SO much naughtier.
I bought a bed from Ikea, and as part of my new found empowerment, put it together myself.
Tyke discovered his love of peanut butter.
He entertained himself in the trampoline net.

Elle beautified our flour bed.
Dale got part of Labor Day off! WE played ultimate frisbee. I'm not awful.
The boys are only allowed to eat in the kitchen. They like to see how much they can get away with. There is lots more to talk about ... but alas, I'm a working woman, and need to go. LOVING our house... LOVING IT SO MUCH! Best decision EVER!

2 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Only in Texas can you get away with being naked in the rain :) I'm glad you are all so busy and loving where you're at!

Jennifer said...

When I would think about your family...I kept wondering...Did she buy the house? The suspense was killing me! Glad to see you are busy and liking it and of course that you are all well.