Friday, October 1, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!

Seriously... do you know how great you are? Of course you don't. If you did, you would be one of those super annoying people that I wouldn't want to be around. So, I like the fact that you are quietly great. There is a VERY small handful of people on the planet that know you really well, and the rest of the world is totally missing out.
You spent your birthday taking me to the doctor, getting a mild case of food poisoning at lunch, and building me a patio. I love that you are so willing to help me with anything. You even make me feel like you WANT to help me... I think that's probably just good acting- but I appreciate it none the less. I know a lot of times we feel forgotten- but you are doing an amazing job of strengthening our little immediate family. Our kids are who they are because of you. (luckily you turned into a pretty great guy... can you imagine if they were who they are because of the old you? hehe)
Now I'm afraid you're getting a big head... so I must remind you that you aren't perfect. The pedophilesque facial hair? How do you still think it's funny after all these years? And I'm pretty sure you would have full sleeve tattoos if Pyper and Elle wouldn't hate you for it. You are a little rough around the edges, and when you get pushed too far you're a total hothead. But you are MY hothead... and I wouldn't trade you for anything. Really. Happy birthday old man river... xoxo

1 comment:

Carrie Anne said...

that's cool. both of you are super cool & i am glad you have each other. happy belated birthday, dale!
i miss you guys!!