Poor girl! We've had our good moments, and some really bad moments. She is still taking some pretty decent pain killers. We tried to go without meds today, and it wasn't a good idea. By 11:30 she was sobbing uncontrollably. She took her meds, and by 12:30 she was doing well again. It's such a roller coaster. The plastic surgeon said that it takes a few days to see how deep the burn is really going to go. There are still a few spots that we are waiting on. Skin grafts are still a possibility. We were told that 90% of all grease burns that large require skin grafts. We are hopeful that Pyper will be the 10%. She has been so tough. She has moments where the medicine is working, and she wants to go back to school. Today, she saw that without the medicine, she's not doing so hot. She can't really sit very well, and as it starts to dry out, it cracks. So now, in addition to the major dental work that she needs done from her 4 wheeler wreck a couple of years ago- she now gets to deal with this. Sheesh. Regardless of what happens, it's not the end of the world... not even close. I still don't know how the burn ended up on her stomach instead of her face. I don't know how the heck she ripped the shirt off over her head without burning her face. In fact, that is baffling. She burned the heck out of her hands when she grabbed the shirt to take it off... but yet, she got it off without burning her face. Blessings. Little ones... but important ones.
Nancy Tuttle... you are a class act. Truly. I am amazed by your generosity and sincere LOVE for Pyper. After, she saw that this came from you- she sobbed for 30 minuets. She felt your love, she felt important, and I am grateful.
In other news... my boys are FUNNY. Seriously funny. Sadly- the outside world is completely unaware that Tyke even has a personality. He basically just stares and scowls at EVERYONE. Well, everyone, except us. He makes us laugh... a lot.
He loves his brother and sisters, and adores his dog. He talks like crazy, and it's darling. He HATES nursury. HATES it. Oh how he hates it. We have resorted to taking him to the poor nursury workers for the last 15, where he cries the ENTIRE time. I was asked if I was so sad that he doesn't go. I guess I should be, but I'm not. He's my last baby. I'm not in a hurry. I am certain at some point that he will grow out of it. I may feel differently when he's still sitting on my lap in relief society when he's 5.
He's smiling for the camera. See? Funny! This is his 'cheese' face.
Aside from my little mini emotional- 'I feel sorry for myself, I have no money, My husband works all the time, I work all the time' breakdown moment last month- life is good.
5 comments:
WOW! I am baffled by this!!! Poor Piper and poor you. I thinks it's so hard as a mother to watch your children suffer. You would do anything even take theor pain if you good. I hope she heals and gets better soon. Much love to you guys!
Poor Pyper. It sounds like she's hanging in there though. Talk about a tough girl! It does seem like Pyper gets the really bad stuff happening to her. I still remember the 4 wheeling incident, it was bad. This seems much worse, simply because it's not just a burn, it's an OIL burn. My heart goes out to her. We are keeping you in our prayers, Pyper.
Hey Meg.......you know that cheesy grin that Tyke gave for the camera?!!!! Yeah, well, I can see your face in that cheesy little grin.....hahaha....true story....that face he is making looks just like you when you were little!! So so cute.
Oh my gosh!! Poor pyper! Thank heavens it didn't get her face as well! If you can get a hold of some really good pure lavender essential oil that would help the burning feeling and help it heal. I'm sure you've got lots of good stuff though to keep it healing! My prayers are with you guys!
Poor Pyper! I can't imagine how much that burn must hurt! I am keeping her in my prayers, and hopefully she will improve in the next few days! Tell Pyper I miss her and love her!
Post a Comment