
It was the "beautiful" moment that I had waited 9 months for. The moment my 2 little girls would meet face to face. I didn't anticipate the ridiculous level at which Pyper would be annoyed. I just assumed that she would love the baby. Yeah... not so much. She didn't like ANYTHING about Elle. She didn't like her hair. She didn't like her face. She didn't like her tiny feet. She just wanted this new little person to GO AWAY!

There are moments following the birth of a baby, that are forever etched in your mind. This picture is one such moment. I really wanted a "nice" picture of the first meeting- but Pyper was ticked. So I leaned over and said, "If you smile for the camera, I will give you a piece of candy." Seriously!? Who has to do that?! Well- we got ONE smile. This was it. I know your thinking that it got better quickly. Uh... No. We endured months of "Can we take that baby back to the baby store now?" and "I don't like it!" I was shocked. I don't have any sisters- and I just assumed that the bond would be immediate. It's funny because these girls are best friends now. I don't know what they would do without each other. They worry about each other. They defend each other, (which drives me CRAZY) They take the blame for things the other one did, and every Wednesday is "friendship day." So I guess you can't judge a relationship by the first meeting. (thank goodness!)
4 comments:
I love it! Pyper is so funny! Isn't it funny how we are all born with our own distinct personalities? I am glad she is warmed up to Elle now :)
I forgot...you better learn how to work your scanner! I want love to see the really old pics.
Those pictures are sooo cute. I love the look on Pyper's face. It's funny to think that she didn't like Elle at the time, knowing they are so close now.
This is too funny! I'm glad we're not the only ones who bribe our kids to fake happy for the sake of a good picture! Great story!
Post a Comment