Tuesday, March 25, 2008

HAPPY EASTER!

I don't think I have ever had a better Easter!  We left the hotel Easter morning at 9 am to get in line for tickets to the White House Easter Egg Roll.  (the NEXT day)  After not getting the tickets after Dale's first overnighter- we weren't taking any chances.  After sitting on the grass in line for a few hours, I took the girls on a walk.  We were going to walk to the Lincoln Memorial, but there were to many fun things on the way.  We ended up at this big pond.  There were ducks, and birds, and Cherry Blossom Trees.  It felt like spring is suppose to feel!  Okay- back to waiting in line. 
Before we left that morning, we discussed potentially "missing" Easter.  We decided it would be worth it for the chance to spend the next day at the White House.
The thing is- we didn't miss out on Easter at all.  We had the best day.  It was so good to spend an entire day together, playing at the pond, talking to nice people, listening to music, and enjoying the SUN!
This is a shot of the line that we were in.  It's hard to tell how long this line is- especially since we were at the FRONT of the line!



Pyper and Elle had fun picking Dandy Lions, (Elle called them Dandy Flowers) to decorate the fence.  They showed their "creation" on the 10 0'clock news.


It was a GORGEOUS day, and we felt so lucky to be able to spend it together in such a wonderful place.  Please don't make me go back to Cleveland!




I have hundreds of pictures of Pyper and Elle, and only a few of Crew.  He was just so content in his stroller, that I didn't want to ruin it!  He was either smiling or sleeping the whole time. This is day 3, and he still hasn't cried.  Seriously.  Not once.  LOVE HIM!  It was a pretty incredible day.  I am so grateful for the sacrifice my Savior made for me.  I am grateful for the Atonement, and the opportunity to be forgiven of my sins.  I am s0 grateful for my Eternal family.

2 comments:

ashley said...

How fun I am so jealous, I am in need of a sunny vacation! LOVE the black and white pic of Elle!

HARKER FAMILY said...

i am glad you guys had such a good time. i love your pictures. too bad about the easter egg hunt but it also looks like you had a great time anyways.