Wednesday, March 26, 2008

THE WASHINGTON MONUMENT

While we were waiting in our now famous Egg Roll line, a nice lady in front of us, sat in our spot so that we could sneak away to visit the Washington Monument.  I didn't realize that you could actually go up to the top.

The monument is 55 feet to the top- but it only takes 76 seconds to go up in the elevator. (fascinating I know.)
Once your at the top- you can walk around and look out the windows.
This is the view of the Jefferson Memorial.
This is the view of the Capital.
I took this picture of the beginning of the line for the Egg Roll tickets.
This is the view of the white house.
They have started to set up for the Egg Roll.
This is also the White House.  The huge circle in front of the White House is called the Ellipse. The line Dale sat in the first night zig- zagged around the WHOLE circle!
This is the view of the reflecting pool, the WWII Memorial, and the pond that we had so much fun at.

No comments: