Tuesday, March 18, 2008

WINGERS CHICKEN

Wingers Wing Sauce is the only thing that I have been wanting since I moved to Ohio.  Of course they don't have a Wingers here.  (I always want what I can't have!)  Lucky for me, my cousin Shannon (coolest person ever!)  gave me the recipe for the sauce.  I love it when a restaurant recipe actually tastes right!  (if anyone has the recipe for the cheese fries dipping sauce from outback- send it my way!!!)  Anyway- there are about a million ways to use this.  We have used it for a fun Super bowl appetizer.  We just got the frozen wings from the store. Enjoy!

2 C.  brown sugar
1/3 C.  karo syrup
1 T.  vinegar
2 T.  hot water

Bring to boil for 2 min.
Then add 1/2 C. Frank's Hot Sauce and boil for 1 more min.  Spread over top of cooked wings or chicken strips.

*We like it a little hotter, so I add 1 C. of the hot sauce.  I like to make it earlier in the day to let it thicken.

3 comments:

Brittany Mecham said...

Okay we love wingers sauce also, and it has been horrible not having it!! I have a recipe for it, but we always burn it, anyway its close to this one so we will be trying it soon!! Thanks! PS i love your blog, always looking at it. you have the most adorable family!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny, I laugh everytime i get on your blog. I love your girls hair, amazing.

Carissa Poyfair said...

I've never had Winger's sauce before but it looks and sounds delicious so I'll have to give it a try.