
We took an impromptu trip to Red Robin tonight. Dale was done earlier than expected, and I didn't have dinner ready. (Leave me alone- I have been domestic perfection lately. Okay, not so much perfection as, well, not horrible) So we decided to treat ourselves to dinner somewhere other than our poorly lit dining room. It is the one place all 5 of us can agree on. We are absolute creatures of habit. Dale got there before the kids and I. By the time we showed up- he had everything ordered. He had guessed correctly on all counts. We always talk about trying something new, but we never do. I think it's because we eat out so
infrequently, that we don't want to waste our trip (and our money) on something that we may not like. Such is the life of a student. (yes I include myself in the word student. And
furthermore- I totally believe that I should have some sort of title. Mrs. Dr., Mrs. Dr. Meghan- something! I also feel like I should get a killer graduation gift. Okay. Moving on) Anyway- the kids loved their dinner, so did I (
carbs and all! I'll be making up for it tomorrow) On the way out, Dale turned green and tossed his cookies in the bushes. That ought to be a nice treat for the people walking in. He collected himself, and drove home. On the way into the house, he leaned into the nearest garbage can and threw up again. It took everything I had not to snap a quick picture with my ever present camera. Something about his head in the trash made me laugh. He is currently sprawled out on the living room floor, looking like death. What a night. Good luck on your big presentation tomorrow luv! I'm sure puking in the middle of an Achilles Tendon Rupture, lecture is perfectly appropriate.
6 comments:
It would have been such a perfect night! Poor Dale. I haven't been feeling good today either. Something is in the air. I completely agree with everything you just said in your post. The not wanting to try something new because it's a treat to eat out, to feeling like you deserve a title as well. Very well put!! We deserve a little somethin' somethin' for going through school as well. I'm fighting for a boob job and tummy tuck!!!
HeeHee! I want to see the pics of Dale!
There's nothing like the combination of puke and balloons. This stomach thing has been going around and it's not good. Well actually there is something good about it, your kids don't really feel like eating so you don't have to worry about feeding them for a couple of days. See, there's always a silver lining.
Oh, I feel bad. There is nothing worse than going out to eat an puking up everything you just payed for.
I hope he gets better soon! I love that we can have these moments and then blog about them.:) Yeah for you to go out to dinner...it changes things up and makes them FUN!
And I agree, you deserve a great title and more importantly, a SWEET graduation gift!:)
Oh, Poor Dale! I'm sure a Red Robin hamburger is not as good in reverse! I hope his presentation went okay today!
Post a Comment