Wednesday, May 14, 2008

THE LITTLEST SUPERMODEL

This picture is a scan of a computer print off- so it's not the best quality.  It still needs to be edited as well.  I guess I should start at the beginning.  A month or two ago, we were all at Giant Eagle grocery shopping.  The lady in line behind us asked if we had Crew modeling.  I laughed and said no.  She asked why not.  I had never really thought about it.  Don't get me wrong, I think he's the cutest little boy I have ever seen... but that's what all parents think of their sweet little babies.  I'm not delusional.  She told me she was from the Little Tikes toy company- and she thought he would be perfect.  She gave me a number, and told me to think about calling.  A few days later I called- more for curiosity than anything.  The number she gave me was a modeling agency.  I was a little turned off at that point.  I think I just had this image of a 19 year old Crew quitting college to pursue his dream of being a famous underwear model. YIKES!  The lady asked me if I had any recent photos.  Uh, Yeah.  I could probably find 1 or 100. I  e-mailed a few to her, and didn't really think about it again. Then, this Monday, she called and said she had a print opportunity for Crew.  What does that mean?  I'm guessing she wants me to pay her a bunch of money and they will take some pictures for a portfolio.  I have pictures of Crew coming out my ears.  Plus, my friend Cami takes AMAZING pictures, and she's going to take some for me this summer.  Nice try lady!  I'm no dummy!  Your scam won't work on me! Anyway- I guess I'm more pessimistic than I thought, because she said that she was OFFERING Crew a job.  They presented some of the pictures I e-mailed, to Little Tikes, along with several other kids, and they picked Crew.  AND he gets paid!  We spent 30 min. in the studio- and walked out with $80!  Really?  That's it?  He just played on your fun motorcycle toy for awhile while people cheered for him- and your giving him $80?  She printed off one of the cute pictures.  She said the toy hasn't been released in the United States yet.  She didn't know when it would be.  But, he will be all over the motorcycle boxes in toy stores across Europe- and then when the toy is released in the U.S., we'll be seeing his cute face in our toy stores!  So, strangely enough, my baby is currently under contract with a modeling agency.  The contract is only 3 months.  So I didn't commit him to life as a male model.  I thought his future self would appreciate that.

10 comments:

Cami said...

That is AWESOME!!!! I wish my house looked as clean as the one in the background!!! All of your kids could be models!

Carissa Poyfair said...

He really is cute! I've always pretended my kids would be discovered at the grocery store so it's funny that it happened to you. I might just have to buy that toy just so I can say I know the kid on the box!

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

That is stinking exciting. It's a really cute picture too.

Carrie Anne said...

That rocks! I've had so many people tell me that about Rebecca, especially when she was a baby because she was so chubby, but no luck actually meeting someone who would actually come through! I wanted it purely for selfish reasons...earn money while in school.:) Plus, Rebecca is a salt licker and would probably tell the camera person off...or never smile...give her scowl...you know, the perfect kid model. Crew is darling and has such a fun personality, and it comes through the pictures...that is AWESOME! I hope more opportunities come through for you!:)

Carrie Anne said...

PS-Why didn't they give you a free toy? Duh...that would have been even better...a bonus with the $80! Hello Little Tikes!

Stephanie said...

Way cool for Crew! That picture did turn out so cute! That will be so neat to see his picture on a toy box...finally, a cute kid I know on a toy box!

Summer said...

NO WAY! That is AWESOME!!! I always said Crew was the cutest little boy EVER! I can't wait to see his cute little mug in the toy stores!

Stacy said...

That is awesome! Maybe someday he will be famous!!!!! He is really cute though!

Stacy said...

That is awesome! Maybe someday he will be famous!!!!! He is really cute though!

Anonymous said...

What the???? That's awesome! I can just imagine myself walking through the toy section of walmart and seeing cute little crew's face! That's crazy. Although I'm not that surprised, he is really cute!