Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK DAY 2009

We're grateful for Martin Luther King Jr. and his dream of equality... and if it gets us a day off of school, that's good too!  We had a little girls day, watching High School Musical 3 at the dollar theater.  Pyper and Elle are at such a fun age for everything.  They don't require constant supervision (easy people- I still watch them) and I don't have spend any of my time chasing them.  I just get to enjoy them, and listen to their funny comments.  Including, but not limited to, Pyper asking how she could get legs like Gabriella Montez.  (a girl in the movie)  If you figure it out... let me know.  After the movie Elle said she was afraid that Dale and I didn't love each other enough.  When I asked her why, she said "Because Troy and Gabriella are really in love, and they sing to each other all the time."  

So Dale- you might want to work on some lyrics... because if your not singing to me, the next step must be divorce.

10 comments:

Brittany Mecham said...

your girls are so funny, yeah i think dale better step it up!

Natalie said...

What a fun day! Can you believe we have never even seen any of the HSM movies? Paden is NOT willing to watch them, and Amelia is more into dragons and dinos. Sigh. She also wanted to quit dance! Now she is in gymnastics, but I really hope Larisa will want to be my dancer someday!

Harris said...

That is soooo funny. I love the things that your girls come up with. Seriously though- you guys should really work on that. So cute!

Cami said...

Josh and I are filing the papers right now!

HARKER FAMILY said...

hahahaha Elle kills me, she is going to love it reading all these things she used to say when she gets older. but don't worry i will help you write a lovely song so Elle won't have to worry.

Carrie Anne said...

yeah come on! since dale apparently has some amazing singing skills he'll be using at graduation i am sure he can make your life a musical...ours is!:) we break out in song & dance all day long!

Carrie Anne said...

also...i loved taking rebecca to see this & we downloaded the soundtrack, so james is CONSTANTLY singing new lyrics to these songs & it is HILARIOUS!

Summer said...

WHAT?!!! You guys don't ramdomly burst into song?! Yeah, I'd look for a counselor!

Elle is so cute!

sara said...

Oh, I love it. That's a classic girl for you. Come to think of it, I remember thinking like that when I was younger too. That's funny.

Camille said...

If you do start singing random duets, please, oh please, record them on the blog. And do it while you are still pregnant, and Dale has his facial hair. It would be awesome. Can't wait to see it.