Thursday, January 8, 2009

OH THE HORROR!!!!

I'd like you first to picture my children's heads- more specifically, their massive amounts of hair. Now I'd like you to imagine the shudder that went through my body when my friend called me this morning, "Meghan, Madison has head lice."  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Madison is one of Pyper's best friends... in her class... who she sits next to... and sees every day!  Hold on- it gets worse.  Madison (who is along with her mother, now horrified) got it from a perpetual 'lice getter' who she is friends with in another class.  You would think we would be safe, because Pyper has been home sick the past 2 days, and was only at school once after the long break. This is where it gets worse.  Pyper and I took a little trip to Panera for lunch after a visit to the Dr.'s office.  As we were walking out- said 'lice getter' was coming in.  Her and her mother quickly informed us (very nonchalantly)  that she was out of school because of lice.  From that point on, I was a babbling idiot- mostly due to the fact that I had 10 million things running through my head.  They included- but were not limited to- PYPER DON'T STAND TOO CLOSE. DO LICE JUMP FROM ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER? IS SHE IN PYPER'S CLASS?  IT'S GOING TO TAKE ME A YEAR TO GET THAT TINY COMB THROUGH HER HAIR.  PYPER WON'T LIKE IT WHEN I HAVE TO SHAVE HER HEAD.  Then as we were almost out the door- it happened.  Pyper and the 'lice getter' exchanged a brief but GUT WRENCHING hug.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  It was then that my head started itching. So now... not feeling so safe.  I looked in my girls hair- okay seriously writing this is making my head itch.  Not just my head.  I feel like things are crawling on me.  EWWW. Anyway- I couldn't find anything- but still sent the girls to school with notes for the nurse to please check them anyway.  I reluctantly took them to school.  I try to make sure the last thing I say to them as I drop them off is, "have a good day, I love you."  Today it was, "Have a good day. KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELVES!"  Wish me luck.  I'm going to itch my head now. 

2 comments:

Summer said...

AHHHHHHHH! My nightmare!!! MY head is itching now!

Cami said...

My last words are always...keep your coat in your backpack!