Saturday, April 11, 2009

EGGS ANYONE?

Our supplies were laid out nice and pretty.  That didn't last long.  Notice there is no table cloth?  Rookie mistake.  Crew likes to throw the eggs in the dye, and watch it splash.  Easter is one of the many reasons that NO dining room should be carpeted.
Everyone had their own ideas of how things should be done.  Except Crew.  He's happy making a mess.
Tyke is currently my favorite.  Yep- I have favorites.  They are alternating.  I may like one of the other ones better tomorrow.
This is where I pretend that our egg dying went perfectly.  I'll display well laid out pictures of our prettiest eggs, leading you to believe that they are ALL beautiful.  I will also let you think that I am an amazingly loving and patient mother- who let her children make huge messes while they explore their creativity without ever raising her voice.  
Our Tye dyed eggs.
Our rubber cement eggs.
Our rubber band eggs.
And our accidentally cool eggs.  

Easter Sunday we will show up at church... maybe on time.  We will all look lovely, and we will pretend that it was effortless.  But chances are- I did my hair and makeup in the car.  Just don't look too closely at my fingernails- where you will see the dye that I just couldn't get rid of.  Look at Crew, and you'll see what's left of the permanent black marker that he found on Thursday.  I think I did, however, manage to get off the last of his pink fingernail polish.  Today we deal with the colorful part of Easter.  Tomorrow we'll remember the important part.

4 comments:

HARKER FAMILY said...

so cute I love the Tye dyed eggs how did you do that? my nails are also blue but our eggs look nothing like yours. well we are also counting down the days till we see you guys! it really isn't that far away. I want to give little Tyke big kisses, he is so so so cute. You guys sure know how to make pretty babies. well happy Easter we love you all.

Janelle said...

Can you do an egg dying tutorial? I want to know how to do the rubber cement ones.

Summer said...

Love the rubber cement ones the best! So cool!!!

Lane family said...

love you eggs oh you to tyke.