Thursday, December 13, 2007

Kirtland temple



We are so lucky to live so close to the Kirtland Temple & the Kirtland historical sites.  We are 20 min. away from the Newell K. Whitney store,  The whitney home and the John Johnson Inn. (among other things!)  It is an incredible feeling to stand where Joseph smith once stood.  I love the Newell K. Whitney store.  A copy of the last inventory for the store was found in the building, and the church historical society has gone around the world to find the authentic items on the list.  So as you look around the store it is just as it once looked.  They have everything from shoes to ties and fabric- all authentic!   I think having the opportunity to sit in silence in the actual school of the prophets is an amazing experience.  I may not like Cleveland- but being able to watch my girls faces as they realize the importance of the place that they are standing, makes it worth it.  I will take some more pictures the next time we go.

1 comment:

Carrie Anne said...

I'm SO GLAD you are a blogger now, because now we can spy on each other ALL the time! I LOVE your blog!! It's so fun to see how big the girls are and Crew! Holy cow he's grown! WOW! You forget how much they change in these first months. So, I couldn't figure out how to comment on the other posts, so I did this one, okay?:) I hope Christmas was so much fun! I miss Cleveland so much...mainly the friends there.:) Keep in touch more now!:)