Saturday, March 8, 2008

WICKED

It's finally here!!!  2 months was a long time to wait for our Christmas present- WICKED tickets! 74 days of constant WICKED music, 4 Wizard of OZ movie nights, countless questions, lots of apologies to dad, (he had to stay with Crewzer) and a trip to a ghetto part of town to shop for "broadway dresses."  (Macy's was closing- 2 dresses for $16!)  The girls were so excited- so was I! 
Pyper and Elle were totally impressed with whoever made up intermission.  Both needed a potty break- but neither of them were willing to miss ANYTHING!  You can't tell from this picture, but the line for the bathroom was a mile long.  They were terrified the whole time that we wouldn't make it back in time.
It was almost as much fun watching the girls- as it was watching the show.  They were completely in awe- and rightly so... it was amazing!  Thanks to horrible weather- and lots of "no shows" we had INCREDIBLE seats.  Every 10 minutes Elle would lean over and tell me how much she loved me... and the show!  I don't think Pyper moved the whole time.  She was fascinated.  I don't think that I have ever been thanked so much in my life!  I am having so much fun with my girls.  The older they get, the more I realize how lucky I am to have them. They are in LOVE with the same things that I am.  I look forward to years, and years of "girls stuff". 
We hung around after the show to take a few pictures.  Pyper wanted a picture of everything. The usher's didn't seem to mind... well most of them.  After I had already taken 10 or 15- we ran into the "cranky usher".  Who can blame him?  We said thank you, and were on our way. (with a few cool pics!)
They would have curled up on the floor and stayed the night!  We stayed until the very last second.
You can't tell from the pictures- but the set was pretty incredible.  The colors of the costumes were amazing!  And of course my favorite- the HAIR!  Pyper fit in pretty well!
They loved seeing the orchestra pit.  It was fun to explain to them at the beginning of the show- that the people were actually singing, and the music was live as well.  I'm glad that I thought to tell them- otherwise they would have thought it was an ipod, the entire time!  All in all, the night was a HUGE success!  This is my kind of girls night out.  We are definitely going to make a habit of this!  I feel so lucky to have such a cool couple of girls to hang out with!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a fun time it sounds like you girls had! Kevin and I have been to a few broadway shows, but not taken the kids. We've been thinking they'd really like Phantom because they love the movie, the production is always so good. Are you sick of the snow yet? We are! Everything here is shut down also, it's definitely the most snow either of us have ever seen.

ashley said...

I am so glad you guys made it! I was thinking of ya with the weather! Thank goodness for 4 wheel drive! The girls look darling as usual! I agree the play was AWESOME!

Carrie Anne said...

I love that you did this post! That looks like so much fun and it makes me excited to do stuff like this with Bee! You'll get to have so many fun girls nights together! I love that they loved it so much! So cool!

Summer said...

WOW! I'm glad you guys made it despite the snow! It sounds like you had so much fun! I can't wait to get to do "girly" things with Hannah! So fun!

HARKER FAMILY said...

lucky i am so wanting to go and see that show. i am happy that the girls enjoyed the musical. i still laugh when i think about pyper watching my musical (the part when she thought i really died).

katie said...

I want to see Wicked so bad. I am waiting for it to come here. Your girls look adorable, what a fun girls date!

Alison Day said...

I am SO jealous! What a fun mother-daughter night! I wanted to go so bad - I'm glad you had fun!

Justin and Stacey said...

Hey! thanks for the comment on our blog! Your kids are ADORABLE!! I loved all of your little stories and the pictures are too cute! Glad you guys were able to make it to Wicked... It was AMAZING! I loved it too!