Friday, February 27, 2009

I'M JUST TAKING THE EFFECTS OF GRAVITY OFF OF MY CERVIX

...In case you were wondering.  (Dr.'s words, not mine)  Or maybe you're just super interested in the inner workings of all my girly parts.  Those are the instructions from my doctor, for what I'll be doing for the next 7 days. (hopefully) The goal is to let the little guy bake until AFTER boards.  (March 4th)  I do not want him here before then... for every body's sanity.  We are definitely in uncharted territory here.  The other 3 pregnancies couldn't end soon enough.  I did everything in my power to induce my own labor.  Never worked.  This time, he needs to stay put.  I am officially on voluntary bed rest. According to my doc, and my appointment on Thursday- everything is good, baby is healthy and ready at any moment.  My exam resulted in lots of nervous looks from my doctor... not at all comforting.  He knows how much easier it would be for us after boards.  Apparently I'm at a 4 and VERY thin.  He also said he had to move the baby's head to even do the exam.  (TMI- I know... no body's making you read)  He said I can try to delay things by not moving... at all.  Soooo that's what I'm doing.  Laying perfectly still while Crew tears through my house.  Don't worry too much about him.  He thoroughly enjoyed the entire mini loaf of Cinnamon bread that he found... the ding dongs too.  

Fetus 4 can come anytime after noonish on Wednesday.  That's not too much to ask right?  If, however, he decides to come tomorrow- I might be in trouble... Dale and the girls will be in Columbus for Pyper's dance competition.  Anybody want to take me to the hospital?

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Call me if you need anything! I don't live very far from you.

Terri said...

Hey Megan. I volunteer to be your driver. Call Anytime day or night. Also, Crew is welcome anytime at my house full of BOYS! Call me for anything. (216) 402-4363

Cami said...

good luck...a 4, that sounds sounds like the little guy is on his way already

Seriously...I hope everything goes OK, I am a teensy weensy bit jelous.

Rachel said...

Megan, I had no idea! Call me if you need anything! I live one street away so seriously I can take Crew or bring you dinner or drive you to the hospital. Call me anytime! I hope this little peanut can exercise some patience:)

Summer said...

You know you can call me anytime!